- What are 5 examples of subordinating conjunctions?
- Which is an example of a complex sentence?
- What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
- How do you identify a complex sentence?
- What are 5 compound sentences?
- What are the three types of compound sentences?
- What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
- What is the definition of a complex sentence?
- What is the difference between simple complex and compound sentences?
- How do you make a simple sentence into a complex sentence?
- What is a complex sentence kid definition?
What are 5 examples of subordinating conjunctions?
Some examples of such subordinating conjunctions are once, while, when, whenever, where, wherever, before, and after..
Which is an example of a complex sentence?
For example; He sang and she danced. Subject / verb / co-ordinating conjunction / subject / verb. A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause.
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
Common Complex Sentence ExamplesBecause my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.More items…
How do you identify a complex sentence?
If two clauses are connected with a coordinating conjunction, it’s a compound sentence. If two clauses are connected with a subordinating conjunction, it’s a complex sentence.
What are 5 compound sentences?
For example:She did not cheat on the test, for it was the wrong thing to do.I really need to go to work, but I am too sick to drive.I am counting my calories, yet I really want dessert.He ran out of money, so he had to stop playing poker.They got there early, and they got really good seats.More items…
What are the three types of compound sentences?
A compound sentence is a sentence formed from two or more simple sentences, or independent clauses (IC): Megan cut the wood, and Ryan stacked it….Three methods of forming compound sentenceswith a coordinating conjunction (one of the fanboys);with a semicolon; or.with a semicolon and a transitional expression.
What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentencesKate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What is the definition of a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is an independent clause (a sentence that can stand on its own) with 1 or more dependent clauses added (dependent clauses can’t stand on their own as a sentence).
What is the difference between simple complex and compound sentences?
A simple sentence consists of only one clause. A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause. A set of words with no independent clause may be an incomplete sentence, also called a sentence fragment.
How do you make a simple sentence into a complex sentence?
Rule: 2. “Being/ Verb+ing” in a simple sentence, to convert into a complex sentence by adding “as/when/since” at the first half of the sentence. Simple Sentence: After winning a beauty contest she cried. Complex Sentence: As she won the beauty contest, she cried.
What is a complex sentence kid definition?
A complex sentence is a sentence that is made up of one independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. Independent clauses have a subject and a simple predicate and can stand alone as a sentence. For example, Mice love cheese.